Thursday, September 10, 2009

Copy test and meter calibration

Here's the first assignment from my Advanced Techniques in Photojournalism class. For this assignment, we learned how to copy other images the old school way – by taking pictures of them (just in case there should be a worldwide scanner failure). We also played with white balance settings...specifically tungsten and daylight. Booyeah.

The Final Countdown by Amit Lennon | The Sunday Times Magazine, May 24, 2009.
f/16 @ 1/8 s | ISO 400


Dr. Cornel West by Max Vadukul | Rolling Stone, May 28, 2009.
f/16 @ 1/8 s | ISO 400

A neighbor's carpark is illuminated by different light sources in Columbia on Sept. 9, 2009.
f/2.8 @ 1/20 s | ISO 1600

An usher surveys the crowd at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City during the Royals' game against the Los Angeles Angels on Monday, Sept. 7, 2009. The Royals ended their losing streak against the Angeles by defeating them 6-3.
f/11 @ 1/180 s | ISO 100

In the future I'll be posting work from that class on this blog. (And at the same time trying to get caught up with Argentina business...uhnn.) Cheers.

2 comments:

Sam Jones said...

Ooo nice.

Of all the skills I don't have, the one I want the most is probably good photography.

Calibration said...

Hi, probably our entry may be off topic but anyways, I have been surfing around your blog and it looks very professional. It’s obvious you know your topic and you appear fervent about it. I’m developing a fresh blog plus I’m struggling to make it look good, as well as offer the best quality content. I have learned much at your web site and also I anticipate alot more articles and will be coming back soon. Thank you.Calibration