Thursday, January 15, 2009

Resolute

My resolution for the new year: Don't throw up as much.

I've found myself saddled with the nickname "Puddles," which was given to me so lovingly by my roommates to commemorate the roughly five times I spewed last semester.

Twice I threw up because of an upset stomach. Three times I puked at athletic events (an early morning 5k race and two soccer games). I've decided that this is because I still think I can run like I could when I was a senior in high school. Woefully, I'll never be in that kind of shape again. I'm still doing research on how to pace myself in sports. Test results remain inconclusive.

Interestingly, vomiting is different from regurgitation, says Wikipedia, although the two are often used to refer to the same process. (Vomiting is the involuntary purging of toxins, whereas regurgitation deals with undigested food and can be controlled.)

There you have it. So far I'm doing really well, but my stomach just growled.

1 comment:

Emily Moberly said...

hahah

tip #26 is awesome!!!! hahaha i'm so not original.