Saturday, June 7, 2008

Life at the A-Street Orphanage

Lo and behold, the day I get the bent wheel on my bike fixed, I go head over handlebars.

I was playing Fugitive with a group of people across the downtown. Fugitive is a game where one group of people (the Runners) takes off and tries to make it to certain checkpoints, employing either speed or stealth. In the meantime, the other group (the Chasers) hunts the Runners down by using cars or bikes and "tagging" them with a squirt gun.

As luck would have it, I was riding my bike when I spotted a Runner and instigated the chase. I pedaled after her at speed. As I tagged her with the gun, she stopped. In an effort not to hit her, I grabbed a handful of brakes and popped a stoppie, catapulting myself over the handlebars. Unfortunately, the bike still snagged her in the arm.

***

In other news, things have been great here at the A-Street Orphanage.

The location is great, the rent is cheap, the guys I'm living with rule, and I've got a room to myself. School starts on Monday, and a job starts shortly afterward, assuming I can find one. Things are looking up, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Me said...

1. the real name of that game is cops and robbers...maybe not real, but better :) i freaking love that game

2. if i didn't know you in person, the only thing i would gather from your blog is that you're a clumsy, unaware fool. (taking, also, from the funeral story)

3. i'm so glad you're having a good time up there...here's to a better school and a better year...miss you, frienddd