Wednesday, May 21, 2008

No apologies, just right

In the absence of a good story to write about, I'll just make a plug for music. I'm ok with that.

I was reading my soon-to-be housemate's blog when I found out how to get the title track of Coldplay's new project, "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends" by pre-ordering the album via iTunes. As a Coldplay fan (although obviously not big enough to hear about this before now), I jumped to it, and I haven't been able to stop listening to it. It promises to be an enthralling turn from the band's already well established sound.

Nothing I can write will do the sound justice, so I'll leave you with a couple of lines from the song itself. (Yeah, lyrics. So what?)

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sweep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own
...
One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
...
Revolutionaries wait
For my head on a silver plate
...
For some reason I can't explain
I know Saint Peter will call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world


It's fresh; it's captivating; it's the new Coldplay. Get it.

No comments: