Sunday, January 6, 2008

Seth Putnam's 115th dream, featuring Brad Pitt

Brad Pitt visited me in a dream during an afternoon nap on Friday.

Some of the details are hazy, but here's the basic gist: I was at a rally for some candidate, and unbeknownst to me, Brad Pitt was lined up as the star power for the event. (I'm sure this detail of the dream was inspired by the recent glut of celebrities and politicians I have been cavorting with.)

As chance would have it, I ran into Mr. Pitt on the way to the water fountain. Remembering that he attended Mizzou's journalism school, I decided to ask his advice on whether or not I should transfer from my current alma mater to MU.

"Mr. Pitt--" I began, but he cut me off.
"Yeah, yeah, you want my autograph or my tie or something, right?"
"No, I just want to ask your advice about something."

He appeared to be surprised, and graciously allowed me to pose my question.

However, at this point, my point of view in the dream changed, and I found myself in the other room messing with my camera. I walked out of that room and happened upon Brad Pitt again talking to...me. Two of me in the same dream? Nuts.

The conversation Brad (yes, we're on a first name basis) and myself were having seemed to be confidential, because they were speaking in hushed tones, and I couldn't overhear what was being said. Apparently, Brad had some reeeeally important wisdom to impart.

All I know is that when we were done talking, my other self seemed pleased. So, I'm assuming he told me I should transfer or something like that.

At that point, I morphed back into my other self and Brad and I started doing magic tricks. I don't recall exactly what my trick was, but he held his suit coat open and displayed a tie--identical to the one he was wearing--hanging out of his inside pocket.

This really isn't a magic trick; it just shows that Mr. Pitt is an astute celebrity and keeps an extra tie on hand for his fans. Maybe next time I see him I'll ask him if I can have his spare.

No comments: