Thursday, January 31, 2008

Danger! Treachery is afoot!

It has now been brought to my attention that I appeared in three different people's dream lives last night.

Coincidentally, all three of my friends' names begin with the letter "C," and in all three cases I was in some sort of seeming peril.

10:07ish the AM:

I walk into my friend Chris's room and he proceeds to regale me about how, within the limitless scope of Dreamworld, he saved me from getting beat up by a bunch of big dudes.

We, accompanied by a couple of female companions, were on our way to a certain house which was known for its privacy. Apparently no one lived there, but it was still in pristine condition that was optimal for wooing women.

Unfortunately for us, someone had beat us there and was already entertaining guests. I reportedly went up to the door to see what was going on when I got manhandled inside by, as I mentioned before, a bunch of big dudes.

Anyway, Chris, being the hero cowboy that he is, got into my truck (told you he was a cowboy) and decided that it would be a good idea to crash it into the house. He ramped up the front steps, sailed through the gigantic glass doors and then hurtled through the other side of the house, ending up airborne above the rather large pool in the backyard.

At this point, Chris climbed out of the truck. Not wanting it to land in the pool, he used his superhuman cowboy strength to yank it out of harm's way and set it down gently on the other side of the concrete pond. It was damaged from the in-house carnage, but fixable, he told me.

Then, he started throwing guys in the pool and beating people up. It ended in a rather elaborate showdown with the boss, whom Chris "choked out with his foot." Afterward, they got their picture taken together.

Great dream.

10:42 in the AM:

My friend Courtney informs me via text, "In my dream they told me you died. But you didn't. The end."

After further questioning, I ascertain that she knew this because I was "sitting on some steps outside a building and then hiding."

1:45ish in the PM:

In the student center run into my friend Caitlyn who tells me that she, too, had a dream about me. This time, however, I was just running a lot. E.g. she would be standing there talking to someone, and suddenly I would run across her periphery.

So, all in all, kind of a creepy day considering most people don't remember their dreams, and even when they do they usually keep them to themselves.

But, if there's one thing I learned from Greek mythology, it's to not try to evade fate.

No comments: